Monday, April 10, 2006

So much to say...so liitle time...

So. It's been some time since I've visited this place eh? Can you blame a brotha?!?! My life has been nothing but a whirlwind the past few weeks.

Some good and exiciting news is on the horizon but I won't get into that at the moment.

I've been keeping busy by being active every day. You see rather than going home and slugging around on the couch all night before going to bed I have decided to pick up an old activity that I used to do.

Running.

I got away from it for awhile but now I'm back. I'm running more and better than I ever did. Sure it was slow going at first. I think I started with managing 1 1/2 to 2 miles in 30 minutes. Afterwards my lungs felt like they were going to explode and my knees felt like they had snapped off.

Okay..Okay. Some of you may be saying that 2 miles in 30 isn't bad. I would be happy to do that. Well 2 miles in 30 minutes isn't bad if you are out for a nice jog. For someone who used to run 8 minute miles that time is not reasonable.

So here we are 3 months later. I'm running 4 miles in 35 minutes and I'm down about 12 pounds. My lungs feel good and my legs feel as though they could go forever. It's to the point where if I miss a day I feel bad. Basically I find the time to go out for a run.
Hey if it means ignoring my wife....so be it. I gots to get my run on!!

Sure my breakfests now consist of a yogurt and a Special K bar (which by the way are the cats ass!!). Do I miss my McGriddles? Sure. Salads for lunch now replace burgers. I eat more leafs than the fucking Easter Bunny. Do I miss grease for lunch? You betcha.

Is it all worth it to feel and be healthy?....Not quite sure yet. Ask me in about 2 more months.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to pretend to be working.

4 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Busy Mom said...

Wondering...

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a guess!

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, are you going to log on to yahoo and tell me the big news? (though I have a guess too)

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know!!!!!
-d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home