Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's a part of life...THE BEEMER

My boss and I were having a discussion late yesterday afternoon. We were talking about certain people within our group that just purchased new cars. BMW's to be exact. That in itself is jim dandy. As individuals we can spend our money on whatever we want. Besides who am I to judge what vehicles people own. (I drive a freakin......"......." for crying out loud.

That's not the point of what I am trying to get at. It was how my boss mentioned that they got their BMW's. Not only did he do it in this fashion I notice that a lot of people talk this way.

"Yeah...(insert name) just got his BMW right before Christmas"
"(Insert name) got his new BMW"
"(insert name) is doing good. He has the wife the baby his job is going well and he just got his BMW"

I didn't know that BMW's could be referred to in the third person. Why does it seem like getting a BMW is like a part of life. Like something you do. Sort of a chain of events in life as follows:

- born into the world
- get educated
- have sex
- drink beer
- drink beer while having sex
- get a job
- get married
- have sex
- have a baby (due to having all of the sex)
- get a BEEMER
- get a house
- retire
- die

Is it me or does anyone else notice this? "uh yeah Jim Bob is doing good at work he just got his BMW"

What the fuck?

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kathy Howe said...

In my circle we're lucky if we can afford to put 4 new tires on our hoopty's.

Beemers...cha...

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Busy Mom said...

I had a Beemer. It had 220,000 miles on it. Not the stuff envy is made of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home